The following excerpt from Champion Your Career: Winning in the World of Work by Halimah Bellows MA, MS is now featured on Bublish at: https://bublish.com/bubble/stream/16284?share=email.
Bublish (www.bublish.com) is a publishing technology company that offers cloud-based tools, metrics and resources.
Moving forward boldly with your decision-making process is essential to your success in your career and in all aspects of your life. Career coach Linda Markley notes, “Many people put off making choices either from a fear of making the wrong choice or simply not getting around to it. Paradoxically, not making choices is harder work in the long run. If we make the big choices about what we want in our lives, we have a direction, a blueprint against which we usually make small choices (like what to pay attention to, what to do next) more obvious.
Markley offers the following quiz to help evaluate just how effectively you are choosing.
- Is there joy, lightness and ease in your life? Always? Often? Sometimes? Rarely? Never?
- How often are you wholeheartedly involved in what you’re doing?
- How often do you feel good about what you are doing ad who you are with at the time?
- How often do you feel tress or strain?
- How often are you bored?
- How often do you regret having committed yourself, yet continue anyway?
- How often do you miss something important to you (like fun, time with your loved ones, exercise, study, growing your business)?
- How often do you consciously choose?
- If you could do anything with or without anyone , how often would that coincide with what you are doing?